I think this is a great starter easel to work with. It's cool because you can travel around with it easily if you like to paint on the go. My easel did come with one of the latches broken though so I am not able to walk around with it by holding the handle. It still does it's job and can hold the canvas or drawing pads fine. The size of the holder is a little bigger than your standard manilla folder. You can adjust the easel to three different angles which is nice. The easel does have a drawer for pencils, brush or accessories for painting/drawing. I could not for the life of me get that drawer open but I already have a carrying case for my supplies. I think that the quality of the wood is nice but my only complaint would have to be the flimsy latches. It's definitely useable and works its purpose though. I think that the price for it is quite affordable as well.
- Portable tabletop storage box that converts to a painting easel with 1 easy adjustment
- Has a drawer with three compartments to hold brushes, and other essential gear
- The easel incline adjusts to four positions and will accommodate a canvas up to 11" x 14"
- Accommodates canvas art and prints up to 11 x 14 inches
- An easel that adjusts to four different positions
You can buy your own adjustable wood easel here on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EV2JN2O?redirect=true&ref_=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_0