I got the amazing opportunity to try out this super awesome mechanical keyboard. I had a really old Logitech keyboard I got from Walmart years ago and it was time to discard that in the garbage. I'm not going to get into why mechanical keyboards are awesome but they are. Don't know what they are? A mechanical keyboard is different from other keyboards because they have switches under the keys. They usually are more durable as well, in my opinion.
I'm definitely not going to get really technical and nerdy to you here. I absolutely hate when people go on and on about things that aren't important. Obviously this keyboard is quite sexy. It has nerdgasm written all over it. I do wish it had more lighting up than it does but it's still beautiful to me. So you have a 6 button macro you attach to the top of the keyboard. This is really useful for any type of game. I get good use out of it right now in Heroes of the Storm. I have my mount and hearth button set up on the two buttons to the lower right of it. You could also set up any passive traits on that bottom left one. Boom!! You just move your fingers right up if you have it positioned above the QWE which you use for your main moves anyhow.
So the number pad on this keyboard detaches and you can either have it on the left or right side of the keyboard. I decided to keep mine on the right side. One of my favorite features? You have a simple shortcut button to the calculator function on your computer. Say whaaaaat? Yeah, exactly.
That round knob at the top of the keyboard controls your computer volume. It's really cool and I love it. That button stays lit up as well. There are usb ports right in the keyboard so you can plug in your mouse or other extras conveniently.
Need more macro ability? You have a whole column of macro set up to the left of your keyboard. It's simple to set up and activate as well. These buttons also light up if you have them activated which is neat. I honestly wish the whole keyboard was lit up from underneath.
The cd installation was pretty easy and quick to set up. I love how it shows it just how it would in front of you. Anyway, the Levetron Mech5 is not in production anymore but they do sell it still on some sites. I think I have seen it on Amazon.com for $500 but that's kind of ridiculous for a keyboard. This keyboard is just fantastic for a gamer but there are so many options out there especially with the fact this one is just not in production. Azio actually has a wide array of keyboards though so you can take your pick here if you were curious. http://www.aziocorp.com/en/3-keyboards
One thing is that it took me a few days to get used to typing on this new keyboard. These keys are serious business. It's one bold keyboard but I love it so much. This was meant to last you a long time and be able to take a hit if liquid happens to spill over it. (Yes, I drink many Mountain Dews at my computer desk ). Mechanical keyboards are something to be coveted as a gamer and I prefer this one over any quiet keyed one BUT I can appreciate other kinds. This keyboard is perfect for World of Warcraft if you do PVP and arena. I find that it can give me quicker reactions on everything I do. I don't really play Starcraft anymore but it can help out there as well.
LOVE LOVE LOVE!!
- Mechanical Keys: The Cherry Black mechanical switch is widely believed to provide the best gaming experience. Featuring a linear design, the Cherry Black mechanical switch is ideal for rapid pressing of keys. And the right stiffness helps prevent accidental key presses.
- Fully Programmable Keys: The included Software allows for full customization of the entire keyboard and 11 dedicated Macro-keys.
- Unlimited Profiles: Create and save as many profiles as you like for maximum key customization.
- Modular Design: The numeric keypad can be attached to either side of the keyboard or remain detached. The included Macro Keypad module is the first of many accessories that will take advantage of the keyboard’s rail system.
- Macro D-Pad: The add-on Macro D-Pad expansion allows for 6 additional programmable keys. The expansion module rail enables custom positioning by sliding the D-Pad left or right.
- Anti-Ghost / NKRO: Ensures multiple commonly pressed keys register when pressed simultaneously.
- Water-Resistant: Engineered to remain functional even if accidentally exposed to liquid. Do not flip or shake the keyboard and the liquid will properly drain itself.
- Win on/off Key: Disables the Windows Start key to prevent accidental pressing of the key during game play.
- Volume Knob: Control the volume of your PC intuitively by turning a knob.
- Braided Cable & Gold-Plated Connectors: Enhanced durability and conductivity.
You can check out more info on this keyboard here: http://www.aziocorp.com/en/keyboards/10-azio-levetron-mech5-gaming-keyboard.html
Check out all of Azio's awesome products here: http://www.aziocorp.com/en/