Monday, August 18, 2014

Thera Vita Paradise Extra Virgin Premium Grade Organic Coconut Oil Review



So I got to try out this product from Thera Vita called Paradise Organic Coconut Oil. It's produced with love, on a remote island in the purest air and unpolluted waters of Fiji...oooh how exotic.It's 100% Pure & Unrefined, Cold Pressed, All Natural, Non-GMO, Straight From Fiji! Gluten Free, Vegan, Low Carb. I have never tried coconut oil before and have been seeing it all over the internet. I had a strong urge to see what all the hype was about naturally.

People use coconut oil for a lot of things but the most popular thing I have seen it for was something called Oil pulling. I will go more into that experience later. People use this stuff for cooking and eating. I really can't believe people just eat this stuff by the spoonful because I will gag just thinking about doing something like that. Coconut oil is also used for skincare products. It's particularly useful in making simple lip balms. You can use this stuff in your hair but I have not used it because if I put stuff like this in my hair I know it might get super greasy quickly. I personally use a real small amount of frizz defying cream in my hair.



This is how it looked when I opened it. Not sure if im supposed to mix it up or anything...maybe. I got the smell of bacon grease when I opened it up. I don't smell coconut at all. Is my tub of coconut oil spoiled? I'm not sure because this is my first time using this. I know I do have a tub of coconut oil hair conditioner and it smells like coconuts unlike this product but that hair product has some fragrance added so it could be that too. This product is 16 ounces which is pretty big so it should last a while.


So there's this big craze of something called oil pulling. You take like 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil and swish it around in your mouth like mouth wash for 15 minutes. Believe me, it's really hard to do. I have done it twice already. I will say to you that it does make your breath fresher but I haven't noticed any teeth whitening yet. The waves of slight nausea hit me every couple of minutes but go away in 2 seconds or so lol. It really isn't pleasant to do but I guess the cleanliness of the mouth can't be beat. My mouth has never felt this clean before even with brushing and flossing.


I have also been letting my cat have a tiny bit. It's supposed to help cats cut down on hairballs. It should leave him with a prettier coat of hair although my kitty is already gorgeous..don't ya think? He's a lovely beast indeed!

Alright so my after thoughts. It's definitely a product that can be used in so many ways. I think I even read somewhere that people use this as furniture and shoe polish. Isn't that wild? I really love when a product can be so diverse like this. I think I will experiment with it later on in making my own lip balm with a bit of beeswax and essential oils. Is it supposed to have a slight bacon grease scent? I really don't know but it hasn't bothered me that much. #theravita #coconutOil #coconut #oil #oilpulling

You can BUY your own tub of Thera Vita coconut oil here on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Smoothies-Unrefined-Straight-Thera-Vita/dp/B00GDFU5CY/ref=cm_cmu_up_thanks_hdr




I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spin Master Gabby's Dollhouse Cakey's Kitchen

  We recently got the chance to check out the Spin Master Gabby's Dollhouse Cakey's Kitchen. Lucas really adores Gabby's Dollhou...