Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Soap nuts Vegan liquid laundry detergent 120 HE Wash Loads Review



I got the opportunity to try out this product called Soap Nuts Liquid detergent from Green Virgin Products. Green Virgin Products is a company that distributes soap nuts and other non-toxic products. I try to be a Green person whenever I can so when something is green and saves me green it goes hand in hand.

I have heard about Soap Nuts here and there but never tried it out. I had to go read a little bit on what exactly they were.



Sapindus is a genus of about five to twelve species of shrubs and small trees in the Lychee family, Sapindaceae, native to warm temperate to tropical regions in both the Old World and New World. The genus includes both deciduous and evergreen species. Members of the genus are commonly known as soapberries or soapnuts because the fruit pulp is used to make soap.

Soapnuts, such as those of Sapindus mukorossi, are used in Ayurveda. They are a popular ingredient in Ayurvedic shampoos and cleansers. They are used in Ayurvedic medicine as a treatment for eczema, psoriasis, and for removing freckles. Soapnuts have gentle insecticidal properties and are traditionally used for removing lice from the scalp. Soap nuts are also used as the base for nontoxic laundry detergents.


So here we have the soap nuts in liquid detergent form which is great! Some people put the actual nuts in a bag and throw it in the wash. I like this form better because I would feel like it's really getting into the clothing and cleaning it.

The first thing I can really notice is the smell of it. I don't particularly care for it. Luckily, I was trying out some Lavender oil and so I was able to put 10 drops of it into the detergent. It really helped to make it smell more bearable. What you do have to know is that the smell of the soap nuts does not come through the clothing after washing. I just decided to put a scent in because I like having a nice scent on my clothing after they are washed.


I also liked how the bottle came with a pump. I do wish that it would have said how many pumps to put in the wash on the bottle though. I went to their website and saw it was about 2 pumps each load for an HE washer. I used 3 pumps for my hand wash. I also am really impressed that this small bottle can wash a whopping 120 loads.

This is how I do my laundry. I pretty much hand wash everything. It's a long process but I like how much cleaner the clothing gets when I do it like this. We were actually tired of wasting our Sundays at the laundromat. Not only was it a waste of time but the cost of washing and drying was ridiculous. This takes time to do in my mornings but I don't mind.

So in the end I was able to get all this clothing nice and clean. The soap nuts smell didn't come through at all and I was happy with it. I always love when I can hand wash and know I am not getting yucky chemicals all over my hands as well. My clothes came out looking good as new. What's awesome is that I don't use fabric softener and the soap nuts leaves the clothing naturally softer.  It's also nice to know that soap nuts doesn't pollute the water supply like other toxic name brands do.


I would totally recommend the change over to the soap nuts liquid for your green clothes washing purposes. #GVP

You can watch this Youtube video here explaining it a little better if you wish



You can order your very on bottle of Soap Nuts Liquid Detergent here from their website: http://greenvirginproducts.com/soap-nuts-liquid-8-ounces-120-he-wash-loads/

You can check out their main site here: http://greenvirginproducts.com/

You can find them on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/greenvirginproducts?ref=br_tf


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spin Master Gabby's Dollhouse Cakey's Kitchen

  We recently got the chance to check out the Spin Master Gabby's Dollhouse Cakey's Kitchen. Lucas really adores Gabby's Dollhou...