Friday, July 4, 2014

Rainbow Bandz Loom Kit to make super cute Rubber Band Bracelets + Charms



I got the opportunity to try this Rainbow Bandz loom kit. I actually jumped to try this because my kids were the one who would do this stuff. They weren't exactly pros at it but I would see them displaying the bands on their wrists from time to time.

The package came and I totally ripped it open to check it out for myself. To be quite honest I didn't see the hype in it. I thought it was kind of dumb at first. It just so happened that I had friends staying over for a couple of days that were in from out of state. My friend perked up at the sight of it and showed me a bracelet a younger cousin had made for her. I thought it was cute and so she showed me how to make them myself real quick by hand. I learned how to do it pretty quickly and I surprisingly LOVED doing it. It was just a fun little experience and I couldn't wait to make more when I had time to myself.

Let me show you what this awesome kit comes with.


There's the loom , a 600 piece pack of different colored latex free organic silicone
rubber bands , 24 S-clips and 1 hook with base opener. The loom is a little intimidating at first but I got used to it quickly.

What's cool is that this kit comes with basic instructions showing you how to make a simple bracelet with the loom. I personally like using my hands to just make the simple bracelet but I decided to follow the instructions and see how long it would take me to make it.

I followed the instructions and the bracelet pulled right out easily from the loom.

Here's the bracelet all done from the loom. I think I like making the simple patterns like this with my fingers because it went quicker. I'm sure if I get faster with the loom though it will be like nothing making them.

 Here are the two rubber band bracelets for comparison. My friend is the owner of the one on top thats brown and black. You can see its a little worse for wear but she did agree that the rubber bands from my pack were better quality and seemed more durable. I have to agree with her on that when comparing both.


Now, if you want to make this a hobby this gigantic pack of rainbow bandz is a MUST. This package contains a whopping 5400 pieces!


It comes with all the colors you could imagine. It's nice having all the colors separated like this in their own individual packets because it makes it easier to make things when they are all in their own spots. #rainbowrefill


What's cool is that every pack comes with more S-clips and a little looming stick.


I wanted to challenge myself and make one of the many rubber loom band charms I saw on YouTube. There's so many options. This lady on YouTube had just anything you could think of and everything was adorable. I followed her directions and made this Fish loom charm with the red rubber bands.


Now I'm a total newbie and I made this by following her video. It took me a like 45 minutes or so. I can't wait to make some more intricate charms and bracelets. I already have requests to make MineCraft bracelets. If I could do it..so can you! It's super easy..well some of them are.  #loomkit

So I ended up hoarding this for myself. I'm so happy to have discovered the awesomeness that is the Rainbow Loom Bandz. I want to make a million super cute things!! #RainbowBandz


I've noticed some comments on youtube videos of people asking where they can buy these things to make the bracelets and charms. Make sure you go with a good quality brand! If I may make a suggestion I would say to buy the Rainbow Bandz brand on Amazon.


You should also definitely pick up the 5400 piece Rainbow Bandz variety pack on Amazon as well: http://www.amazon.com/Best-quality-rainbow-loom-refill/dp/B00HUJHIBI/ref=sr_1_2?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1404447586&sr=1-2


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spin Master Gabby's Dollhouse Cakey's Kitchen

  We recently got the chance to check out the Spin Master Gabby's Dollhouse Cakey's Kitchen. Lucas really adores Gabby's Dollhou...