Monday, July 7, 2014

Fresh Fruit Vinegars by Mange - Raspberry and White Peach



I got the opportunity to try out these two wonderful little bottles of Raspberry and White Peach vinegars by Mange. You can use fresh fruit vinegars in many ways. I actually have never used fruit vinegars before so that's why I was interested to try this.


There are many ways to use fruit vinegar.

Coughs and sore throats: Take 2 teaspoons of neat Blackberry or Raspberry vinegar as an expectorant cough mixture as and when required.

Colds, Flu, and Fevers: Fill a tumbler half full of Blackberry or Raspberry vinegar, top off with boiling water and drink.

As a marinade: Pour about 2-3 mm of Fruit vinegar into a flat bottomed dish and marinade Pork chops, Lamb chops, Chicken and Turkey breasts, Prawns or White fish Fillets; Cod, Coley, Haddock, Sea Bass and Whiting, etc. Turn over after a couple of hours and marinade the other side, then grill or BBQ for a wonderfully fruity, sweet and sour flavour.

On a roast: Pour over the piece of meat before popping it into the oven. Goes extremely well upon Lamb, Pork, Chicken and Turkey, but it is absolutely fabulous on roast Duck, Pheasant, and Rabbit. The resulting gravy is divine.

Brush a little fruit vinegar into the cavity of a Trout, Arctic Char, a Mackerel, or on to a Salmon, Tuna, Swordfish or Marlin Steak or fillet before grilling. Oily and Pelagic fish do not seem to marinade well in fruit vinegar, but it does work extremely well when they are only lightly coated using a brush.


I decided I would make kind of like a salsa butter sauce to put over my usual porkchops. I decided that I wanted to mix both the raspberry and white peach together.


I love strong flavors in my meat so I seasoned with Sazon, black pepper, oregano and garlic powder.


Here's how I started off my butter sauce. I put onion and garlic with two tablespoons of butter. I also put a little bit of olive oil. I then added a table spoon of the Raspberry vinegar and a table spoon of the White Peach Vinegar. I also added pepper and rosemary.


Here's everything mixed together and cooking.




After my porkchops were done cooking I scraped up whatever was left on the pan and mixed it in with the butter fruit sauce.


Here's how it came out. The onions soaked up most of the juices so now they are infused with the flavoring.




I just wanted to try it on a little piece first because I wasn't too sure how it would taste since I was totally experimenting.  The white stuff you see below the porkchops is Parmesan scalloped potatoes I made in the oven to go with my meal.



I thought it came out very well. I would assume for a stronger flavor to add more than a tablespoon of the vinegar. I thought it was just the right amount of subtle flavoring for me. I liked how refreshing it was with my pork chops. There's a whole slew of possibilities with these fruit vinegars. I will be trying many more options in the future. #fruitvinegars


I highly recommend their sampler pack. http://www.freshfruitvinegars.com/Tester-p/tester.htm
This is a taster sample for anyone who can't decide which to buy. There are 10 40ml sample sizes of each of our flavors: Passion Fruit, Blood Orange, Mango, White Peach, Pear, Green Apple, Raspberry, Blackberry, Cherry, and Red Pepper


They have many flavors to choose from equally if you know what you want and want a full sized bottle. You can check out that section here: 
 http://www.freshfruitvinegars.com/category-s/1817.htm 

You can also find them on Amazon if you want to choose that route to purchase: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_grocery?ie=UTF8&field-brandtextbin=Mang%C3%A9&node=16310101 

Mange is having a campaign right now where you can support them and gain benefit from it. You can read more about it below or click the link here to be taken to the page itself.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fresh-fruit-vinegar-production

Be a part of our new flavor team!

Love to eat and cook?  
You can be part of our survey team.  We are always coming up with new flavors and with your pledge at the $100 tier you will become one of the first to taste our new flavors before they are releases.
At the $150 tier you can be part of our decision team for the next 2 years. You'll receive around 5 flavors and you can help us decide which we will roll out next. (Hurry only good for the first 50 pledges at this level!)

Our Problem:  
After our short production cycle in a commercial kitchen we needed to move to co-packers for our vinegars.  Using co-packers doesn't let us control the quality that our vinegars deserve.  We want to be able to source everything local and not have to be at the mercy of co-packers schedule or lack of time for us. Help us get us up and running locally!!
Use of Funds:
Goal 1 - $10,000
  1. Buying the 50 gallon cooking kettle which we need to start cooking our vinegars ourselves and start bringing these vinegars local.
  2. Rent a small space where we can produce them.
This will allow us to start producing the sample size bottles in the volumes we need right now!
Stretch Goal 2 - $20,000
Everything From Tier 1 +
  1. Purchase a small bottling line so we can produce the 200ml bottles in small production runs
  2. 2 Rent warehouse space and refrigerator space so we can start to buy and store our fresh fruit from the local farmers.
Stretch Goal 3 - $35,000
THE ULTIMATE GOAL
  1. Buy a 300 Gallon Kettle 
  2. Buy a medium size bottling line and rent the space to have our own facility here in Mass!
  3. Get our own walking Fridge/ Freezer so we can source local when fruit are in season and store them!
This is when we will be producing everything for ourselves in Massachusetts.  This give us the kick to have everything done in house! Sourcing, processing and bottling all local! A FRESH FRUIT DREAM!!!!  Help us out and enjoy the benefits!!
 
 Click below to contribute now and support them.


  I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome review! Everything look so delicious, I have to check it out for sure :D

    ReplyDelete

Spin Master Gabby's Dollhouse Cakey's Kitchen

  We recently got the chance to check out the Spin Master Gabby's Dollhouse Cakey's Kitchen. Lucas really adores Gabby's Dollhou...