Friday, June 20, 2014

StyloPhora Ice Ball Mold



I got to try out these ice ball molds by StyloPhora. I already do have one silicon ice ball mold but it's smaller than these. These ice ball molds can be used for many different things. People put them in their drinks to keep them cold or get them chilled. A classic example would be for whiskey drinks or any type of liquor that is poured room temperature. I actually used mine for keeping the cat water bowl nice and cool for these hot summer days.


One of the differences I noticed between the two brands of ice molds I have is that the StyloPhora ones seem to be a better quality. The silicon material is definitely thicker. Another thing to also notice is that these come with a silicon funnel that you can use to pour the water into from the top of the mold which makes it easier to use than other molds.



As you can see the StyloPhora ice mold is a bit bigger than the one I already have. I think it's nice having both sizes available to use now. Bigger ice balls means kitty's water staying cooler longer.



Here they are in my freezer. They don't take up too much space.



So here's the cat water bowl I use my ice balls in. After letting my StyloPhora sit in my freezer over night I decided to open one up to put in the bowl. It was a little tough at first but I got it opened up after loosening up the edges. It's a bit harder to get open than my other mold and I am thinking its because this mold is a little more heavy duty. I like that this mold is durable and I don't have to worry about it every ripping at the seams anywhere.



I really love these ice molds. My geeky side of me just loves to think of these ice balls as something a frost mage would pelt at enemies lol. They look soooo cool!! I have used these in my drinks and it looks really nice in the glass. Like I said though I primarily use them for keeping the water bowl cool.

I like these StyloPhora ice molds. I think the biggest positive from these is that it comes with the funnel for easy filling. You also have to remember that you don't necessarily need to fill it all the way up. I have done this before and you can do it too. You can just fill up the mold half way up and use half a sphere for a smaller ice piece in your glass. They both look nice either way.  #sphereicemold



You can check out StyloPhora's Website here: http://www.ice-ball-mold.com/

You can also buy the ice mold directly from Amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/Large-Deluxe-Sphere-Molds-Premium/dp/B00K7ILPYU/ie=UTF8?m=AP5CA5HVZM230&keywords=sphere+ice+mold




I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spin Master Gabby's Dollhouse Cakey's Kitchen

  We recently got the chance to check out the Spin Master Gabby's Dollhouse Cakey's Kitchen. Lucas really adores Gabby's Dollhou...