Friday, June 13, 2014

Icky Stick Pumice Stone Toilet Bowl Ring Remover

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.


I was very intrigued when I saw this product available to try out. I've never seen anything like it before. I actually had also run out of my Scrubbing Bubbled toilet wand refills so I figured why the hell not?! Here are the claims on this product:

Remove Toilet Rings & Stains Instantly!
No Toxic Chemicals and Safe on Skin
100% Natural Pumice, Even Safe on Porcelain
Also Great For Pools, Tiles, Hot Tubs and More!

I love trying products that I can keep using over and over for a while and this seems like that type of product. I decided to let my 9 year old help me out with this task while I watched over him and took pictures. 


I know its gross but here is a closer shot of the toilet ring crud inside my toilet. 

The directions say to wet the pumice stone so we took it over to the sink and let the water run over it.


Now this was the first use so I didn't mind letting the water run over it in the sink. I probably wouldn't recommend doing it like this after you use it. I would be afraid of germs getting so close to the spot where I brush my teeth and wash my hands. You could probably just wet it within the toilet water itself. 


Alright so there is one big mistake I made that I will never do again. I decided to try it out on the toilet seat itself because it was a little dirty. I thought it would be like a gentle Mr. Clean sponge. It scratched up the seat on the side but I didn't care because I am going to be replacing the seat anyway. Just a warning to people who use this ...DO NOT USE IT ON YOUR TOILET SEAT!!

As for the inside of the toilet it worked out pretty well. The only thing I wish was that the stick was a little longer. I think we got a little bit of splash back on the hands lol. As you can see, Rusty cat was very curious as to what was going on. I think this was a fun little product to use and it will make kids want to do their chores. He was more than happy to try out something new and different than the usual toilet brush.


Here's the end result of the Icky Stick's work. It cleaned up the inside of the toilet nicely. I would recommend having some sort of old container to store it in after use. Maybe like one of those plastic containers like the ones used for Chinese wonton soups. I think this is a great innovative product and see this lasting for a long time in my bathroom. You know for the same price of this I can buy a refill of like 6 toilet wand refills but I am sure this will last longer and I could use it more often to keep my toilet clean without worrying about wasting a refill pack. I love my Icky Stick!   #ICKYSTICK

You can buy your own Icky Stick here: http://groomindustries.com/buckets-bottles-brushes-and-sprayers/?item=ab200



Check out this video of the Icky Stick in use here on YouTube!


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spin Master Gabby's Dollhouse Cakey's Kitchen

  We recently got the chance to check out the Spin Master Gabby's Dollhouse Cakey's Kitchen. Lucas really adores Gabby's Dollhou...