Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Leona DIY Body Butter Kit - Perfect for the Holidays



I'm actually happy with the finished result I got with my kit. It wasn't whipped high like it was supposed to be but it does seem to have the consistency of a good thick body butter lotion. You have everything you need in here minus a couple of things. The oil that's provided in this kit is lavender so if you aren't fond of that you can easily replace with your own essential oils. I decided to use Peppermint oil in mine.

I got a pot of water and put it on low boil. I then spooned out the shea butter, coconut oil and jojoba oil into a glass mason jar. I stood up the jar in the pot of water to let it boil slowly into a yellow liquid. I put it in the fridge for 1 hour. I then took it out to whip it but I couldn't do it for the whole 10 minutes plus I had to go out and run some errands. That's the thing with this is you need plenty of time to do this and I should have been smarter about that aspect. When I got back from errands the body butter was solidified from lack of whipping. I had to boil it down again to make it semi solid for whipping again. The consistency just wasn't the same so my mistake. In the end, I got a smooth and creamy body butter that I am still happy with.

I would recommend holding onto the containers as a measuring device for future batches you can make with your own ingredients. It's a wonderful set and the containers are really cute. I do think the price is a bit much for what you get but I honestly think it's a good measuring investment for future body butter making on your own. It was fun to do but very much taxing. I think the end product made me proud that I made it. Homemade stuff is quite lovely. #diybodybutterkit


You can buy your own body butter making kit here on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KU4MBZS?redirect=true&ref_=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_0




No comments:

Post a Comment

Spin Master Gabby's Dollhouse Cakey's Kitchen

  We recently got the chance to check out the Spin Master Gabby's Dollhouse Cakey's Kitchen. Lucas really adores Gabby's Dollhou...