Monday, October 5, 2015

StarLooks LooksBook September 2015 Revival - Fierce and Fabulous


I just got my new StarLooks LooksBook for the month of September 2015 last week. I have to say that I am REALLY loving the eye shadow duo the best.

If you don't know about it this it's a part of the new LooksBook selection StarLooks has been producing. You get three high quality themed pieces of makeup that flow well together. You can also opt for the StarLooks monthly box all by itself in which you custom pick three pieces of makeup and get three gift cards you can use on the website to buy makeup. You get can get these subscription boxes for only $12 a month!

Alright, let's talk about the Revival box! I just love the colors all over it. I believe it's supposed to be an exotic jungle theme. You know what it reminds me of? That green Versace silk chiffon dress Jennifer Lopez wore to the 42nd Grammy Awards ceremony. Yes, they go perfect together lol.



Let's take a closer look at what you can do with all three and what they are.


So the eye shadow is based on Agave. They have a red and a green agave color you can mix together to come up with a beautiful look on your eyes. When I reproduced this look I also went with a deep cat eye liner look which matched perfectly. For your eyelashes you have the Flora mascara which is a deep turquoise color. I haven't seen such a beautiful color for your eyelashes before. It worked out nicely. It's really tough for me to pull off mascara since I wear high prescription glasses that need to be relatively pushed up close to my face. The last thing is a dark pink matte lip color called Rawr. Do I like the color? Yes. BUT, I don't think it looks that great together with the other two nor do I think it looks that great on me. I may experiment later with it and mix it with another color to make a blended look.



I went very subtle with the red agave but you could always experiment with the colors to get any type of intensity you desire. It's very cute and I love the look of a matte lipstick but I just can't pull off that pink color very well. Personally, I would go with a more neutral color on the lips with the eye makeup I have on.


This is how I would wear the Agave eye shadow and Flora mascara with a nude light peach lip. It's amazing how a simple lip color change ( and glasses, necklace and pulling down my bangs) make me look different. The Rawr colored lip color makes me look so fierce and the nude lip makes me look more reserved.



So in the end, I really love having this Revival Box in my makeup collection. The eye shadow color alone makes it worth it to me. The colors just go so amazingly well together. And to all my ladies who wear glasses like I do because you have to...try some makeup on! Don't be afraid of it. You'll be surprised at what you can pull off with a nice thick cat eye and two toned eye shadow colors.

Ready to subscribe to the most amazing makeup box out there?

As you may know by now I am a StarAddict so I get special perks if you sign up to try out StarLooks makeup through my link below. I really appreciate it, thanks!! Try it out and see how much better this subscription box is compared to the rest. 
HTTPS://subscriptions.starlooks.com/refer=REF5979
If you haven't looked at StarLook's website, you should definitely check it out! They have really cute makeup each month. You get to pick what you want in your box for the monthly custom StarBox which is awesome. I promise you will love it and for $12 you get such high quality cosmetics.
http://starlooks.com/

1 comment:

  1. i wonder how well this would go with some good ol cosplay? the colors seem rich and more detailed than traditional makeup.

    ReplyDelete

Spin Master Gabby's Dollhouse Cakey's Kitchen

  We recently got the chance to check out the Spin Master Gabby's Dollhouse Cakey's Kitchen. Lucas really adores Gabby's Dollhou...