Thursday, April 21, 2016

Making tea with my new glass kettle



I have just discovered the awesomeness of glass tea kettles. I usually just boil water in a metal pan which has worked out fine but I think I like doing it this way better. I can actually see through it too. I love that I can also use this for coffee or getting some hot water for ramen cups.

 So basically you just fill it up with water and put it directly on top of your burner. I did not leave the top on it while using it and am not sure if you can but I probably wouldn't do that. You also have to try and position it a little bit from the center of the burner so that the plastic handle doesn't melt. Make sure that the flame doesn't go to the outer edges but just centered under.




 I never boiled the tea in the pot while stove top before but decided to give that a try. I would only assume that the flavoring becomes more potent.


This is a blend of Pu'er ( Pu-erh or Pu'er is a variety of fermented and aged dark tea produced in Yunnan province, China. Fermentation in the context of tea production involves microbial fermentation and oxidation of the tea leaves, after they have been dried and rolled. )  tea leaves with Chrysanthemum tea. (Chrysanthemum tea is a flower-based infusion beverage made from chrysanthemum flowers of the species Chrysanthemum morifolium or Chrysanthemum indicum, which are most popular in East Asia, mostly especially China. )

  The smell was just really something to admire. They look so pretty when they open up. Anyway, once it was boiling hot I just popped the plastic top back on and poured myself a cup.


This glass tea kettle is just so easy to use and worked out very well. I see myself using this from now on instead of a metal pot because it just tastes better.

You can BUY your own glass tea kettle here on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B019W2OZAC

Benefits of using a glass tea kettle?

They  provide a soothing visual experience as you watch the tea leaves unfurl and release their natural beauty to the water. A glass pot will let you show your guests that your brewing container is clean. In addition, they can witness the steeping process, which will help them decide when the tea is ideal for their drinking preferences.

A major benefit of using glass to steep your tea in is that it will not transfer flavors from past teas you have used.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Spin Master Gabby's Dollhouse Cakey's Kitchen

  We recently got the chance to check out the Spin Master Gabby's Dollhouse Cakey's Kitchen. Lucas really adores Gabby's Dollhou...