There are lots of natural remedies and products out there that can help you with your dark eye circles. What a bunch of people fail to mention that hereditary dark circles can't be helped unless you're talking about doing peels or laser treatment. If your dark circles have come about with lack of sleep/stress then you're in luck!
I have been plagued with both types together. So when I do eye treatments it helps out but it will never completely erase them. I can live with that but if I can take steps to improve it then so be it.
Here are some home remedies you can use
- Caffeine is one ingredient that promotes circulation, so it is present in many cosmetic products. This is the reason one of the best home remedies for under-eye circles is to apply a couple of cold tea bags to the area for 10 minutes.
Due to its caffeine content, this drink promotes blood circulation in the area, reducing the dilation of blood vessels around the eyes. You can also apply cold tea directly with two cotton balls instead of using the bags.
- Potatoes are an excellent natural anti-inflammatory, and can also be used to treat burns and promote the healing of skin. This ingredient is very effective as a home remedy for dark circles because it benefits the proper circulation of blood in the eye area.
You just have to apply two slices of cold potato to your eyes for 10 minutes every day.
- Spoons Place two teaspoons in the freezer for a few minutes, once cold, close your eyelids and hold them near your eye area. For 3 minutes make circular movements, keeping your eyes closed while you allow the cold to act.
This is a quick and effective remedy for reducing the dilation of the vessels in the area and reducing inflammation. You can also apply cold compresses.
- Mint is a highly refreshing plant that also works well to reduce congestion, which is why it is a perfect natural solution to eliminate dark circles. You can apply a few fresh mint leaves that have previously been in the freezer for 10 minutes to your circles, although you can also make an infusion with this plant and apply it cold with cotton balls.
- There are 3 fruits that are considered excellent home remedies for under eye circles due to their vitamin C and antioxidant content, which provide nutrients to the area, reduce inflammation and improve the appearance around the eyes. You can try the following. Always apply cold slices for 10 minutes.
- Green apple
- Tomato is a great solution to get rid of dark circles under the eyes. Tomatoes have properties that lighten the skin, so it's perfect if you suffer from under-eye dark circles. To use it on your eyes mix one teaspoon of tomato juice with a teaspoon of lemon juice and apply it under your eyes. Leave it for around 10 minutes and then wash it off with water. You can repeat this a couple of times a day. If you want to treat the dark circles from the inside, you can also drink tomato juice. It won't have such a fast effect but will help you reduce the formation of dark circles under your eyes over time.
- Almond oil, just as tomato, is very effective in lightening the skin. It has many vitamins and minerals, and it can rejuvenate the skin around the eyes and keep it moisturized.
Want to bypass all of these treatments and go for a ready made serum? There are a ton of them out there but which one works the best? Many of them work fine and some work better than others. Some of them are sticky while others apply very smoothly. I have had the pleasure to work with SwissVita for this little experiment.
This little tube was very easy to use. I just used it once a day for 16 days straight so far. You can see that the bottom half portion of my dark circles have been improved. I'm wearing absolutely no makeup in either pictures besides a little eyebrow pencil.
I'm going to continue using this eye gel and hopefully it can continue to produce results for me. This tube will last a really long time and you can buy it on Amazon for $29.99 here: http://www.amazon.com/Swissvita-Eye-Lift-Cream-AC-11%C2%AE/dp/B01BRE2MF8?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
This eye cream is also effective in:
Turning dry, aging wrinkles and eye bags into soft, supple, and youthful-looking skin
Enhance the skin's biochemical properties and smooth expression lines
Tighten the skin and act as a firming, toning and anti-aging agent
Targeting and alleviating signs of fatigue around the eyes
Water-based, additive, Paraben, alcohol, fragrance, and sulphate-free. Not to mention very light and airy when applied.