Friday, April 22, 2016

Making Slow cooker chicken tacos with Frontera mild red chile + cumin


I decided to try out this taco skillet sauce by Frontera. I am actually quite familiar with this brand because I have been buying them from time to time at my local Target. I found out that they are recently starting to be sold at Walmart as well which is wonderful! These sauces are so amazing and packed with so much flavor! It is a little bit on the expensive side but well worth it in my opinion. I'm a frugal shopper and can't pass these pouches of goodness up.

Green Moms Meet gave me the opportunity to share this particular skillet sauce with my family. They also included a ton of coupons so I can pass those out to my group , family and friends. Awesome!! Now, I don't buy ground beef too often as the price is kind of high right now for it. I always have chicken and pork chops though. I decided to make chicken tacos with the sauce to see how it would turn out. I also would be using my slow cooker to do this. So EASY!



So I used some frozen chicken tenderloins for this. I seasoned it with a little garlic powder, onion powder, cumin powder, black pepper and fresh cilantro. I then put the Frontera sauce on top and then added half a can of Rotel diced tomatoes with habanero. I then covered it and let it cook on low for about 5 hours. I then opened it up and broke it up to let it stew with the sauce for about 30 minutes more. I just took tongs and broke it up inside the crockpot. No need to take it out.


Here's the finished product. Delicious slow cooked chicken tacos. I cut up some lettuce, fresh cilantro and corn for a topping. You could opt to add fresh onion if you want. There was definitely enough to have some leftovers as well. My whole family enjoyed this meal very much ( even my 11 and 12 year old). My kids even opted to have this as an after school snack the next day. So it pretty much cleaned up well here.

I totally recommend the mild red chile + cumin Frontera sauce but I also recommend trying some of their other things too. I don't think I have ever come across a bad sauce from them. The flavor is so rich and amazing. Thanks Moms Meet and Frontera for letting me share this sauce with my family.






Learn more about Frontera here: http://www.fronterafiesta.com/about

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spin Master Gabby's Dollhouse Cakey's Kitchen

  We recently got the chance to check out the Spin Master Gabby's Dollhouse Cakey's Kitchen. Lucas really adores Gabby's Dollhou...