Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Lips N Lotions Beeswax Lip Balm & Lotion Bars



I got the chance to review something called a Lotion Bar. I honestly had no idea what it was at first and had to look it up. I thought it sounded so interesting and I have never really seen them around in stores. I am very familiar with Beeswax products though and that is an ingredient in these bars.

There's a big variety of lotion bars and lip balms you can choose from.

The shop is called LipsNLotions and it's an Etsy Shop.

Before I get into it I just want to tell you the ingredients that are in the lip balms and lotion bars this shop has to offer.

Sweet almond oil, organic unrefined shea butter, pure filtered beeswax, coconut oil, jojoba oil, flavor/frgrance oil, color tint, *Natural sweetner (only used in lip balms).

I couldn't believe some of these lip balm flavors!

Absinthe
Bacon
Blue Raspberry
Caramel (Browns Football Label)
Dill Pickle
French Toast
French Vanilla
Hot Cinnamon
Lavender Vanilla
Lemonheads
Mojíto
Orange Juice (Browns Football Label)
Peanut Butter
Pizza
Popcorn
Toasted Marshmallow


You'll almost be tempted to eat most of these.

I received the orange juice lip balm to try out.

It smells so good once you get it open. It's called orange juice but it smelled more like an orange cream ice cream bar. (Btw I love those ice creams) It applies on beautifully. It's so smooth and if you get some in your mouth it doesn't taste terribly bad. Not even my EOS lip balm applies this smoothly. This smells heavenly compared to my other lip balms as well. I love it so much! All the Lip Balms are priced at $3 individually or you can take advantage of their special which is 4 for $10.


Moving on to the lotion bars. I love how it came wrapped up because I was afraid of it being dried out even with storage in a tin. This one pictured here is Monkey Farts. I thought that sounded funny and interesting so I gave it a shot.


You can get an idea of the size of the bar. I guess it smells like bananas and cookies to me. The banana scent isn't too heavy. It's definitely a unique scent. It's not greasy at all. I think I like this best for my rough patches of skin. I have rough alligator skin patches on the tops of my feet unfortunately. I am always looking for good moisturizers to help with that and this stuff worked amazing for it.


This is Dawg Pound. I got this one for my boyfriend. I thought it was funny how it had a sticker in the back of it saying," For Dudes." The scent is not overpowering. Like they describe it has a clean smell to it. I like to use this one for back massages. You can give your man a nice treat with this lotion bar or even gift it to a guy friend or family member.

There are many more scents for the lotion bars.

Apple Rose
Bamboo Sugar Cane
Black Licorice
Butterfly Kisses (light lavender with a hint of vanilla)
Dawg Pound (bay, amber, rum, shaving cream-sexy scent for men)
Lilac
Love Spell (Victoria's Secret fragrance)
Dragon Fire (charred wood, amber, sandalwood, like "Bonfire Bliss")
Eucalyptus
Lavender (strong, true lavender scent)
Monkey Farts (cake batter, subtle banana, light vanilla)
Moonlight Path (Bath & Body fragrance)
Purple Cow (grape soda, vanilla ice cream)
Vanilla Almond



You can buy each lotion bar for $6 individually or take advantage of their special which is 3 for $15. 



Oh! I just want to say how much I loooooved the packaging it came in . Totally unexpected and a pleasant surprise.


I also loved the cute little card that came with my order. It's a very special touch that made me feel appreciated.

Visit LipsNLotions to order your own gourmet lip balms and lotions today! : http://www.etsy.com/shop/LipsNLotions?ref=top_trail

You can also email them at : Beeswaxlady@gmail.com

Like them on FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lipsnlotions/332971280167797




1 comment:

  1. Very original and interesting products, I'm going to check. Thanks for sharing ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Spin Master Gabby's Dollhouse Cakey's Kitchen

  We recently got the chance to check out the Spin Master Gabby's Dollhouse Cakey's Kitchen. Lucas really adores Gabby's Dollhou...