I just wanted to put a quick little list of items needed to start your own PC repair business. Physical locations like store fronts always do best but if there is a big need of PC repair in your area then you are in luck! Just do a quick search through Craigslist in your area to see if people are looking or advertising their services first before starting something like this up. #dvdexternaldrive
Here's the list I have come up with my boyfriend who does tech work for a living.
- hard drive dock for data recovery
- precision screwdrivers
- external drive
- personal laptop
- software (antivirus)
- pc cleaning supplies (Air cans, electronic wipes, microfiber towels)
- extra keyboards/mice/cheap parts
I actually got the chance to review this external drive from Uh Bargain Outlet on Amazon. It's pretty cool because the usb wire has a slot it fits into right behind it which makes it easy to travel with. It's also nice and slim. It's perfect for traveling with if you need to go to a location for repair. Everything worked great and it's easy to use.
- √ This external dvd drive, external cd drive supports plug and play. No need to install any driver - Fully compatible with USB 3.0 / USB 2.0
- √ This cd dvd drive is compatible with WindowsXP/windows2003/Windows8 Vista/7, Linux, Mac10 OS, 2015 27" retina iMac, Macbook Pro with OS 10.10.5, macbook air version 10.9.5, imac with el capitan - os x 10.11
- √ This ultra slim external dvd cd rom drive adopted with USB 3.0 technology allows for faster data transfer speed than the USB 2.0 but it is compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 ports
- √ This superdrive, external dvd burner is for PC, ultrabook or netbook you can playback CD and DVD, and record CD and DVD which will give you perfect effect when you are watching DVD videos, installing software, or create backup discs, etc.
- √ This dvd drive, cd drive is powered by attached USB connector no need for any other power source or to install any driver program, just connect it to any PC or MAC with the USB connector, then it will read the disc automatically.
You can get this External Drive right here on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BS1W6GU
You can also find a lot of these other supplies needed on Amazon for affordable prices. I'd totally get all this stuff online rather than go to Best Buy since it's cheaper and more specific to your needs.