Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Let's make easy mini apple pies with Truvia and Green Moms Meet! So Delicious!



I got the chance to work with some Truvia products thanks to Moms Meet. I'm going to be honest and say I am not the best when it comes to baking desserts but simple recipes are my go to. This recipe came out absolutely delicious. I said that it tasted better than a McDonald's apple pie. My kids cleared them all so quickly. Trust me..everyone who loves sweet stuff will love this.

So basically everything you see here is what you need. I only ended up using two apples though and a little bit of any lemon-lime soda.

You will need the following


  1.  Two apples (any kind)
  2.  One stick of butter ( I used salted but you can use unsalted)
  3.  One pack of crescent rolls (You can find them cheap at Walmart)
  4.  Some lemon-lime type of soda ( sierra mist, mountain dew, seven-up, no name brand kind)
  5.  Cinnamon powder
  6.  Brown sugar (light or full - doesn't matter)
  7.  Truvia baking blend white sugar (or any brand of your liking)
  8.  All purpose flour



So, first thing you want to do is pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.  Then you want to grease up your small square pan for use. I just sprayed some canola oil on mine.

Now you core your apples and cut them. This handy thing I have in my kitchen makes this part easy. I then took a knife to peel off the skin. After that I cut my apples slices into smaller pieces.



Next you want to unravel your crescent rolls onto a flat surface. I also kind of pressed on them to spread them out a bit to make them larger. (But not too much) You then start adding the apple pieces onto the thicker end. A child can help out with this part. (My 11 year old helped me)



Now carefully roll them up by taking the thicker end and rolling it over by folding it. Take your time and do it slowly or the apples may fall out. Pinch the edges after you roll it up to kind of close it.


So you should have about 6 regular pieces. I had a little leftover dough in my can so I made a smaller one in the middle. So now it's time to measure out all the other ingredients into a bowl.

For my recipe, I used 4 ounces of Truvia Baking Blend Sugar and about 2 ounces of light brown sugar. Truvia makes brown sugar but I couldn't find it at my local Walmart unfortunately. :{

So you pour this into a bowl along with about a teaspoon of cinnamon powder. You also need to add 1 and a half tablespoons of flour. Take that 1 stick of butter and make sure to melt that in a separate bowl in the microwave. You need to add the melted butter to the sugar/flour/cinnamon bowl.

It will be a little thick so what I did was add about 2 splashes of the soda until it was relatively smooth. Do be very careful because if you add too much a chemical reaction might happen and make the mixture fall apart like oatmeal. You're going to spoon the mixture all over your pastries before they go into the oven. Now you add a bit of the soda in between but not on top of the pastries. I put about 4 ounces in between.




Now you just let it bake in the oven for about 30-35 minutes. I would keep an eye on it at about 28 mins in.



Here's the finished product. Your house will smell amazing and you will also have a delicious treat for the whole family. I sprinkled some extra cinnamon on top of it after it was done. Believe me when I say this tastes better than a processed apple pie and it's so easy to make. Have it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream , yummy!



Thanks to Truvia and MomsMeet for letting me try this out with my family/friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spin Master Gabby's Dollhouse Cakey's Kitchen

  We recently got the chance to check out the Spin Master Gabby's Dollhouse Cakey's Kitchen. Lucas really adores Gabby's Dollhou...