Saturday, January 21, 2017

Wake Up to the Joy of You - 52 Meditations and practices for a calmer, happier life


I usually don't quickly dive into these types of books but I thought I would try reading something different this time. I wanted to see what a book like this could offer my mind. Indeed, I wanted a calmer and happier life.

I've always been a bit afraid of getting into a quiet mediation with myself. Over the years I have struggled with self paranoia in amidst complete silence. At 30 I am still a little frightened of being in complete darkness even. Your mind will kind of make things up here and there to frighten you even more. It's a constant battle in my thoughts.

I have found that this book has definitely helped to open up my way of thinking. I'm honestly not even completely done with it yet but I think I have read enough to know the gist of it. Agapi has a way with her words and storytelling. She opens up every small chapter with a personal experience and how she persevered over it. She then introduces a unique way of mediation to help out after the fact.



It's a little hard to explain and might come through as a bit cheesy but reading her literature makes me feel at ease all on its own. Her wording is a sort of mediation. If you have a strong imagination like I do then when you start reading her descriptive meditations you will immediately put yourself in the place you need to be. There doesn't need to be a specific stance or posture. You just need to quietly set yourself aside and read the words. You will feel a sense of calm I can promise you that.

I think her experiences are very relate-able. You will find yourself saying, " Oh yeah, that's just the thing I am going through or I know this person who is just like that." I can't wait to get through the whole book since I am enjoying it so much right now. Plus, on an aesthetic note the cover of the book makes me happy. This small book is just the thing I need to read at night before bed.

You can Buy this book on amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/Wake-Joy-You-Meditations-Practices-ebook/dp/B01DRXCPPE



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


AGAPI STASSINOPOULOS is a best-selling author and speaker who inspires audiences around the world. In her previous book, Unbinding the Heart: A Dose of Greek Wisdom, Generosity, and Unconditional Love, she shares the wisdom from her life’s adventures and experiences. In her new book, Wake Up to the Joy of You: 52 Meditations and Practices for a Calmer, Happier Life, she takes readers on a journey and inspires them to let go of what doesn’t work and instead create the lives they really want. Agapi was trained in London at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art and then moved on to receive her master’s degree in psychology from the University of Santa Monica. Her previous books on the Greek archetypes, Gods and Goddesses in Love and Conversations with the Goddesses, were turned into PBS specials. She is currently conducting workshops for Thrive Global, a company founded by her sister, Arianna Huffington, to help change the way we work and live. She divides her time between New York and Los Angeles and was born and raised in Athens, Greece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spin Master Gabby's Dollhouse Cakey's Kitchen

  We recently got the chance to check out the Spin Master Gabby's Dollhouse Cakey's Kitchen. Lucas really adores Gabby's Dollhou...