The key to getting teens, tweens and reluctant readers to devour a book may be to hand them a copy of Ripley's Believe It or Not! Unlock the Weird! The new book in the bestselling series from Ripley Publishing is NOW ON SALE!
The book is a mind-blowing collection of fantastic, fun and even freaky stories from around the world. Sections include Animals, Pop Culture, Feats, Art, Food and Beyond Belief. What they all have in common is that they're all true and handpicked by Ripley's Believe It or Not! - the authority on all things unusual and incredible!
Here are some of the stories that await readers when they Unlock the Weird!
- Read about one man's attempt to take a break from reality, spending three days climbing the Swiss Alps on all fours as a goat!
- Soar on jetpacks above the deserts of Dubai with breathtaking aerial imagery.
- Meet Birdman Ted Richards who had his ears removed and his face and eyeballs tattooed to look like his pet parrots!
- Savor the flavor of sheep dung spitting, an Irish event that is just as unappetizing as it sounds!
- See double with Twin Strangers' Niamh Geaney, who has found multiple doppelgängers that look exactly like her!
Make this new book an exciting addition to your collection—we guarantee your family and friends will find all-new favorites on every page of Ripley’s Believe It or Not!® Unlock the Weird!
My thoughts on this book:
I'm such a big fan of Ripley's and always have been. There's so much interesting things that happen all over the world. I have always loved to learn all these neat realities.
This new book is incredible. I am not even done with it as I like to go through the pages slowly. My kids were also really into it and sometimes it's hard to get them to sit down to read a book. I think this is a great book to gift to their kids to get them reading.
You honestly just have to look through it and see for yourself. I have captured a few images of what I thought were some of the more interesting excerpts. There are a ton of high quality pictures to capture the mind in here.