Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Marked in Ink - A Tattoo Coloring book by Megan Massacre



I'm always on the lookout for a nice new adult coloring book to occupy my hands so when I saw Marked in Ink I knew I had to give it a go. Right away looking at the front cover I could kind of tell the art style wouldn't be 100% to my liking but everything deserves a chance. I don't have a single tattoo on my body so in that aspect there was the drive to be able to "have" a piece of the tattoo world in a book. I wanted to feel like I was helping to design the tattoo myself.

I flipped through the pages admiring the designs here and there. The prints were bold but still offered a sort of intricacy I could appreciate. I spotted a few of them that aligned with my whimsical sense of style. My favorite one would be the fantasy mermaid set under the sea.

I pulled out my color pencils as I always do with my coloring books as I feel they give the best details. I didn't like the feel of my color pencils on this paper. I didn't stop and kept on going with the whole page. I am happy with the results but I do know a good set of art markers would do this type of paper better justice.

As for Megan's designs I feel like they were just decent compared to others I have seen. Everyone has their own style but hers is certainly different. It's kind of weird but almost bland compared to others. I honestly did love some of them like that mermaid, the bat and the owls. I would have loved to see some Koi fish or dragons in here which are popular in tattoo art.

It's a great coloring book for people looking to sample something new and interesting. If you are looking for an adult oriented book with easier to color in designs which won't take too much time on the hands then I would definitely recommend it.


You can find this coloring book available at many stores but I would suggest easily purchasing it through Amazonhttps://www.amazon.com/Marked-Ink-Tattoo-Coloring-Book/dp/0399578773/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473192864&sr=8-1&keywords=marked+in+ink






No comments:

Post a Comment

Spin Master Gabby's Dollhouse Cakey's Kitchen

  We recently got the chance to check out the Spin Master Gabby's Dollhouse Cakey's Kitchen. Lucas really adores Gabby's Dollhou...