Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Bruschetta


Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato


I got the chance to try out these Sun dried tomatoes by Bella Sun Luci. It is produced in Chico, California by the Mooney Family. They are in 100% pure olive oil.

When I saw the jars I thought that these were truly top of the line. You can just peek inside through them to see all the goodness. I usually use canned tomatoes to throw into my recipes but for the sake of trying this I decided to use the Bella Sun Luci Bruschetta with Italian basil in the extra virgin olive oil.

I was going to do something different tonight. This is a recipe that NEEDS tomatoes in it or else it lacks. You'd think I would bust out an Italian food recipe. Nope! I wanted to use this stuff in an Indian dish....Hot Curry Chicken! I also usually make this recipe stove top but I decided to use my slow cooker as an experiment. 

First you need some chicken. I used some thin sliced chicken breasts. 




I cut that all up into pieces but I didn't make them too small or too large. I threw it all into my slow cooker. I also sprinkled some garlic and onion powder on top. 

I then cut 3/4 of an onion into slivers and threw it in. Any type of onion will do...I use yellow onions. I took a spoonful of chopped garlic (mine is jarred) and put it in with everything. I also have some red chili pepper in a squeeze tube that i squirted in there.


Now for the tomatoes. Like I said, I would usually just take some canned tomatoes and throw it in but I am going to use the Bella Sun Luci. 


I used 3/4 a cup but I later thought I should have put some more so I would use a whole whopping cup of it. Look at that quality. You can just see everything in its purest form. It smelled so awesome and the consistency was perfect. 



After that I used 3-4 big tablespoons of Patak's Hot Curry paste. Then I added about 1 cup of water which you could substitute for chicken broth if you want more flavor. 

Cover and let it cook on low for 6-7 hours. I put mine in at 10:00 am and let it go until like 7pm.
 
 


 This is how it will look when it's all done. Your chicken will be nice and tender and mixed in with a wonderful sauce. (If your sauce comes out too thin just add some flour and cook it on high for like 5 mins more)
 
 
I put some naan bread in the oven to have with it and made some white rice to serve it on. It's just a wonderful filling meal to have in colder weather. It's very kid friendly as well. 


I really enjoyed this product wholeheartedly. You can probably find their products at Target or your local high end grocery stores. If you can't find it they sell their stuff online on Amazon. Try it you won't regret it! Check out all their products here : http://www.mooneyfarms.com/



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spin Master Gabby's Dollhouse Cakey's Kitchen

  We recently got the chance to check out the Spin Master Gabby's Dollhouse Cakey's Kitchen. Lucas really adores Gabby's Dollhou...