Monday, July 17, 2017

Manga Art by Mark Crilley



Sometimes I come across little gems of books to review and I couldn't help but to take a closer look at this one. I love anime and I love drawing so I figured this one would be right up my alley. I'm the type of person who NEEDS inspiration to come up with my own drawings. I have a hard time drawing straight from my mind a lot of the time. This is great for people are just like me.

Mark Crilley is just a fantastic artist and proves it in this book. There's just so many different types of styles he shows you. If you're looking to make your own fan art of shows, video games, movies or just about any type of entertainment then this would be very helpful. He goes into detail on how he mixes different media together to create something special.



I really like how he engages you as the reader with his personal stories within most of the pages. It's fun to read and great to reference. I will also say that he does reference the Wacom tablet quite a bit along with Adobe Photoshop. These are two important tools to have at your disposal if you want to really get into it. You should also have a quality scanner to transfer your paper/line work to the software program to color it.

Let's face it. If you love anime/manga then you need this book in your life. Trust me when I say that the whimsical nature of this book will engage you wholeheartedly. I loved the book so much and will keep it with my art supplies for reference in my own artwork.


1 comment:

Spin Master Gabby's Dollhouse Cakey's Kitchen

  We recently got the chance to check out the Spin Master Gabby's Dollhouse Cakey's Kitchen. Lucas really adores Gabby's Dollhou...