Thursday, May 10, 2018

Purina Tidy Cats Free & Clean Unscented Cat Litter


I got to try this thanks to a freebie coupon from Pinchme.com. I'm always excited to try out new products since I foster cats/kittens all the time. I decided to use this for my own two cats with their litter boxes in the bathroom. I have been through many different brands and personally my favorite brand is Arm & Hammer. So let's talk about this new litter from Purina Tidy Cats.


I didn't start with a completely "fresh" box but I scoop 7 litter boxes every single day multiple times a day. I don't like smells to build up and I keep everything wiped down with sanitizing wipes. I have to because I currently have 2 adults cats and 14 kittens in my home. I know, crazy right?


I don't usually use Tidy Cats but here's the texture. I'm not sure if this is how it usually looks. It almost reminds me of Dip & Dots ice cream. You can see the charcoal pieces in there that is supposed to help with odor issues.


Let's get right down to my opinion of it. I didn't completely love this litter. I'm more into grainy type textures that is reminiscent of sand because I feel like it's easier to scoop and keeps scents down. I don't know about their claim of being 99.9% dust free because when I pour this stuff in I definitely see dust coming up. The proof came out my nose in the shower that night. Black soot! Is it from a combination of dust and charcoal? I think so.

When my cats poop I can definitely smell it so let's not exaggerate and say this locks away odors to perfection. I can smell some of that funky pee smell as well when I open up the window in the bathroom and let the air flow free. It does clump pretty well so I will give it that. I will continue to use it because it's free and I am not wasteful. Will I be buying this litter in the future for my clan? Not a chance. To me, nothing locks down odor like Arm & Hammer. You can use any of their varieties and see for yourself.

I give it 3 out of 5 stars. More info here --> https://www.tidycats.com/free-and-clean-cat-litter


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spin Master Gabby's Dollhouse Cakey's Kitchen

  We recently got the chance to check out the Spin Master Gabby's Dollhouse Cakey's Kitchen. Lucas really adores Gabby's Dollhou...