Sunday, December 17, 2017

Gourmia Pressure cooker & easy Salsa chicken


(Want to skip my whole blog post? Scroll all the way down to the bottom to watch my youtube video showing it off)

This is my first pressure cooker and I was definitely a little scared but interested to try a new cooking device in my kitchen. I think this is kind of like the popular instapot. I'm used to using a crockpot in my kitchen for slow cooked meals such as beef stews and chili. The big difference in my opinion is that a pressure cooker and make super quick meals while a slow cooker you pretty much dump everything in and turn it on to leave it to cook for 4-6 hours.


So taking out the pressure cooker I noticed it's a little bigger than my crock pot but lighter in weight. This cooker comes with a recipe booklet but you can find many more recipes very easily online. While the recipes looked easy I didn't want to start with anything too complicated. I just wanted to test it out and see what would happen if I did something really simple. I wanted to do something someone could come home from work to and just dump a few things in and be done with it.


I decided to make Salsa chicken. I was just making a quick dinner for my boyfriend and myself. In went two chicken breasts and a cup of salsa with about a cup and some of beef broth. I do regret putting the amount of broth I did because it was too much moisture in my opinion. I added a few extra spices like chili powder and cumin. If I had fresh cilantro I probably would have added that as well.


I just closed the top basically and pressed the poultry button. Here's how it looked in the pot after it was done. It took about 15-20 minutes. You have to let it build pressure after you press the button. Think about an oven pre-heating. Then the timer will start to go. When it's done you have to turn the exhausted valve so the steam comes out. Don't open the top after something is done or the top might cause some sort of catastrophic accident.


Here's the plated meal. I just threw some microwave mashed potatoes on the plate. It was good but I think I would have liked it to be a little more tender if possible. I think I would have to manually set the timer for more time maybe. So for me, you are sacrificing tenderness for a super quick meal. Do I love my crock pot ? Yes. Do I love my pressure cooker? Yes. They both have their time and place in my kitchen. I loved how I didn't need to spend a lot of time making a quick dinner and that is awesome especially when you hear ,"I'm hungry" so many times during the day.

You can buy your own Gourmia Pressure Cooker here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0747S9XL2

So here's a video I made to show off the pressure cooker.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Spin Master Gabby's Dollhouse Cakey's Kitchen

  We recently got the chance to check out the Spin Master Gabby's Dollhouse Cakey's Kitchen. Lucas really adores Gabby's Dollhou...