I will be editing this way in the future once the comic is actually published but for now let me go over everything I loved about the package from my experience. I wanted to try this mainly for myself as a 29 year old woman. My 11 year old loves to draw and I will be letting her contribute to the comic as well. You basically get everything you need to make your own comic book which is super awesome. The only thing I wish had more color options was the markers. You are very limited to specific colors that come in the pack. I'm fairly certain you could use your own markers to color it in which should be fine. I just know it states that you can't use any other medium to color it in such as crayons or color pencils. The pen that's given to draw with is really high quality in my opinion. It states you can draw with pencil first and erase the lines but I didnt want to take a chance with the lines showing up in the book print later on so I just did it with the pen alone. I honestly don't know if they have the power to erase the lines so if you or your child is good enough to just free hand in the pen then I would recommend that. There are so many blank pages to get all your artwork in for your book. It would take a really long time to finish a whole comic draft so I just made the one drawing for example. It doesn't bleed to do the back which is nice. Believe me, if your kid likes to draw then this will be perfect for them. You can even draft a book together for bonding time. I'm very happy with the whole set for the price. This would make an awesome gift at any time of the year. I will be back to show the end results after I get it done.
- My Comic Book by Lulu Jr. allows a child to write and illustrate their own full-color, 18 page, professionally printed comic book
- My Comic Book features a FableVision "Comics in Action" guidebook to help children create their own comic book
- We showcase your child as the publishing author on the book's back cover using our "About the Author" feature
- You choose whether to mail the finished product to us in the included prepaid envelope or you and your child can create their comic book online
- Your kit includes ready-to-use book pages, pencil and artist eraser, outline pen, markers, a postage-paid envelope and instructions
Check out their website here: https://www.lulujr.com/
You can buy your own comic book kit here on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IUAAK7U?redirect=true&ref_=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_0